Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mullet Be Gone

I had been putting off getting Mason's first hair cut for a long time. I have no idea why. I guess because I knew he would no longer look like a baby and instead would look like a little boy. I wasn't ready for that. I still consider him my baby. But it was time. The mullet had gotten out of control.

So one Saturday we ventured to a kids hair salon to get it done. I knew I would need Brian's help. One parent to hold Mason and one to take pictures. Duh! Luckily Mason had gotten a hair cut gift certificate to a cute kids place - Snip Its- for the "First Hair Cut Experience Package".

Upon entering we knew there was no way Mason would sit in the chair by himself. We tried but it turned ugly fast. Thank goodness for Daddy being a good sport and willing to hold his boy for his hair cut. I, on the other hand, came armed with goodies. If you know anything about Mason it is that he can be bribed with food. So once the tears came, out came a cereal bar. And guess what.. it worked.

Oh, the tears... 

Cereal bars make everything better... 

Mason did great the rest of the time and the stylist, Candice, was so nice. She gave Mason a great haircut and was super patient with him.

The package included a photo as well as a certificate and of course, a few pieces of his hair. These items have been placed in his memory box!

The after pictures... Mullet be gone. Doesn't he look like a little boy now?! When did he get so big???

Did your child cry during their first haircut or is mine the only one? How long did you wait until you first cut their hair? (Mason was 16 months old!)

9 comments :

lnipaver said...

I think Jake was 9 months, my cousin in Chicago did it. I think I went ahead and had her do it more as a memory. I had to also chuckle at the date he got it cut, it being my wedding anniversary 6 years ago on that exact day you were in my wedding so I think its neat to wonder do you think you would have been getting your 1st child's 1st haircut 6 years later?

Adrienne said...

OH how cute! Good call on bringing snacks for him! I will have to remember that. He does look so different with the new cut! :)

Holly said...

Such a big boy and cute as ever!

leah said...

Oh I LOVE his haircut, so so so cute!!

Mateya said...

Oh how cute! He really does look like such a big boy now! :)

Kelly said...

Our little baby's (18 month old, yup still a baby)mullet just started to curl, so I am procrastinating even MORE now!

Jen Watts said...

He did great! Little trooper :)

I tagged you in a Q & A!!

The Morrows said...

So precious! Love that he got a certificate. Too cute!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw how sweet! I love his little first haircut certificate! :)