Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthday Celebration #2: Sesame Street Birthday Part 2

I'll keep this simple and to the point. We ate yummy food, watched Mason do his thing with his smash cake, enjoyed delicious cupcakes, played corn hole while the kids got their craft on, opened presents and took pictures with the photo prop.

And  now I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Main Food Table: Pizza, veggie cups, fruit skewers, chips, goldfish, animal crackers, cookies, cupcakes

Mason and his smash cake. He wanted nothing to do with sitting in his highchair so we placed him on the floor and his girlfriend, McKinley, decided to join him! It was so cute!

After getting the kids cleaned up, we headed outside to run off all the food before opening presents. We had set up our corn hole boards in the backyard and also set  up a table on our deck. It was a little too hot to sit and eat outside so the table didn't get used that much. 

I had also set up a craft table for the older kids (Harper and Palmer). They loved it and helped keep them from getting bored. 

After some time outside, everyone came back in and watched as Mason opened his gifts. He wasn't really sure what to do but no worries, Harper and Palmer showed him how it was done.

And now for my favorite part of the party... our photo prop. Brian made it and painted it and I think it turned out perfect. It was a big hit!

All the kiddos were sent home with their own treat bag while the adults got to enjoy candy from the candy bar. 

By the end of the party, the kids were exhausted. That's a sure sign of a good party, right? 

Mason is blessed with so many people that love him and we can't thank everyone enough for their fellowship. And that, my friends, was Mason's first birthday party. Sesame Street Style. 

Vendors:
Mason's Elmo T-shirt: Braylabee's
Party Printables: Shindig Parties
Polka Dot Balloons, decorations, Paper Straws: Polka Dot Market
Plates, Napkins, Utensils: Target
Elmo PJs: Walmart

If there is something I forgot to cover or something you have a question about, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment and I'll be happy to answer. 

Guess it's time to start thinking about his 2nd birthday party! I love party planning!

6 comments :

Laura said...

Everything turned out so cute! I love the labels and gift bags!

Jen Watts said...

So cute girl! Seriously, you thought of everything! That photo prop is adorable. I think we have those same "UK blue" polka dot plates! Sorry, had to throw that in there ;)

Great job momma!

The Morrows said...

So cute!!! I love his shirt, the craft table, the food labels, the gift bags, the mantle decor....You went all out!
ADORABLE!!! Great job.

Megan said...

Oh WOW!! I love everything! The labels, the food, the cups, the water bottles! Everything is perfect! Good job! You have a talent at this party planning thing!!

leah said...

Everything looked so great!! Love all the details for sure! Fun party!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh my goodness you did such an amazing job with his party! I just love all of the details! What a special party for such a special little boy :) Glad he had a nice time and that fun was had by all!