Thursday, September 15, 2011

Birthday Celebration #2: Sesame Street Birthday Part 1

Before I start this post, I just want to warn you that it will be picture overload. I've already narrowed down the pictures as much as I can. I am going to break this up into two parts.. for your sake and mine.

If there is one thing Mason loves, it is Sesame Street. His love for it made picking a birthday theme very easy. I'm not one to be big on "themey" parties so I tried to not go overboard and instead just incorporate all things primary colors instead. We decided to host the party at our house as it was a good time for everyone to also see the house for the first time. We lucked out and had a beautiful day with no rain in sight.


Guests were greeted with the traditional balloons on the mailbox as well as pinwheels lining the driveway, balloons at the entry and I made a balloon wreath for the front door.

I don't know what I would have done without my dear friend, Jennifer. She stayed up late Friday night helping me get all the decorations set up, baking and icing cookies, putting labels on water bottles and so much more. One word of advice, ask for help! You will need it and be so thankful for it!

Just a few of the decorations that we had around the house...


On the mantel I displayed Mason's monthly pictures, party hats my friend Dawn helped me make as well as 2 ribbon topiary that I had made.

In the foyer, we had a small candy bar set up. This was perhaps one of my most favorite parts of the party. Everyone (adults and kids) seemed to enjoy it! My plan was to take pictures of each guest in front of the streamers but time got away from me and we never got around to it. It's okay though, we had a better photo prop anyways.. more to come on that in tomorrows post!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the rest of the party details including the main food table, drinks, guests, cake and photo prop! I will also provide vendor links at the end of tomorrows post.

Do you enjoy a good ole' theme based party or do you prefer to just use certain colors? Where's the best place to host a kids party, in your opinion?

8 comments :

Lisa Rusczyk said...

How beautiful! The pin wheels are my favorite part!

Laura said...

Such a fun party! I love the candy table. I'm not too themey either and went mostly off the giant sock monkeys colors:) can't wait to see the rest!

LyndsAU said...

stop it! this looks awesome :) you did great mama!! can't believe he's one already!

Jennifer said...

Wow!!! You did an amazing job :) And I'm in love with the balloon wreath on the front door.

Holly said...

This was so awesome! You rock!

Caley said...

Your party is adorable! I love the balloon wreath and decor! Thanks for sharing a link to this post on my post on howdoesshe.com! I love to see other's work!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, the candy bar looks fantastic! I also love the cute balloon wreath and little topiaries on the mantle! How sweet. Everything turned out so nice! :)

Jess P. said...

I love the photo banner, I saw your post on "how does she". How did you make it?