Monday, November 15, 2010

Date Night

We are fortunate that my parents live close by and are always willing to watch Mason if we need them. We took advantage of this recently and had a date night. It was wonderful to spend time with each other, just the two of us, and get out of the house for awhile. Even though we talked about our little guy the majority of dinner, we still had a fantastic time. Brian had planned our date which involved dinner and a movie. I can't remember the last time either of us went to the movie theatre. We are a Red Box Family but alas we had a good time. Brian was nice enough to sit through our movie....

I LOVED IT!! I have never cried and laughed at the same time during a movie. I think part of my emotional state was that I am finally a mother and in some ways it just hit me.

We are looking forward to more date nights in the future as we think that are so important to our marriage and something we want to always continue no matter how many kids we have.

6 comments :

Jennifer Goodale said...

Yay for date night! I can't wait to see that movie. I'm glad you liked it.

leah said...

Fun date night! That movie was hilarious, and don't worry I cried too (maybe it's the pregnancy hormones?). We really enjoyed it!

mommy mye said...

date night is always a good thing. and awesome movie choice...LoVed that movie and the Hubs liked it too. and don't you just love Red Box? :)

Jessica said...

Date nights are a must! I loved that movie :-)

Nicole-Lynn said...

I loved that movie as well.. and yey for having a date night! Ya'll deserve it! I agree, it does wonders for your relationship! Glad ya'll had a nice time!

Abbie said...

I really want to see this. Hopefully I can get out to see it before it leaves the theaters!