Monday, May 11, 2009

Race for the Cure

On May 2, we participated in the local Race for the Cure. Breast Cancer Awareness is a cause that has always been close to my heart. So much so that I once ran a half-marathon in Jacksonville Beach, FL for Breast Cancer Awareness. Several ladies that mean the world to me have been affected by breast cancer and I always run/walk in their honor/memory.

We decided to walk the 5K on Saturday due to the overwhelming turnout of people... read 10,000+. We met up with Dawn and her parents bright and early and made a day out of the race. We all had a good time, despite the threatening rain clouds. We actually ended up running the last 1.5 miles because we wanted to get a little workout in.
The crowd in front of us
The crowd behind us
Dawn with her parents
Brian, Dawn and I (not sure why I am smiling so big)
We had a great time and it was towards a good cause! Sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday morning, if you ask me. Have you ever participated in your local Race for the Cure?

1 comment :

Nicole said...

Oh amazing!!! We have done several MS walks..Id love to meet a group of people and really get into it!